Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's Official!

So, as we announced to many of you through email...Matt and I are expecting our first baby in April! And, April is such a great month, as it is home to my birthday, baby's Uncle Mike's birthday, baby's Great Aunt Connie's birthday, cousin Caroline's birthday, and even cousin Savannah's birthday!!

I began seeing my mom, who will be my midwife, when I was 4 weeks. I had some spotting and went to have everything checked out. No worries, all was well! We checked out the little peanut and we got to see a yoke sac!

At 6 weeks, Matt and I went to visit my parents for Labor Day weekend and of course went up early enough to see mom in the office before the end of the day. This time, we got to see the flicker of the heartbeat - which was hard for ME to see - and even got to listen to it beating - which I was convinced was MY heart beating...yea, I was wrong. And right there on the screen was a little peanut-shaped baby! It was really neat and made it a little bit more real to Matt and I.

Today I am 8 weeks and saw mom in the office yesterday for another sono - I'm loving these! Boy did the baby grow fast! No longer looking like a little peanut, baby looks like a baby! Big head, big belly and little stumps for arms and legs. Again, saw and heard the heartbeat - MUCH faster this time! My brother, David, and his girlfriend, Michelle, went with me this time. They both found it astounding - neither had experienced technology like that before!

Mom and I went back into the office today to make a DVD of the pictures - and while there, I convinced her to do yet another sono...I know, spoiled, but I'm totally going to take advantage of this - and we are so glad that we did! While checking everything out - baby did a little dance for us! It was so neat! It's definitely a Pontifex! It's got the little butt-shake already! (It's a "boy" thing - so I'm thinking this is a little boy - all Pontifex men jump and shake their butts - "to bring sunshine" - weird enough that it works!) Overall, I haven't felt too bad. Nausea everyday - sometimes bearable, sometimes not. A few low blood pressure experiences accompanied with light-headedness. But all is well. I've maybe got a couple of weeks left before I start using a rubberband to keep my jeans closed!

We'll keep you posted with how things progress!

Love to all! Katie, Matt, Wrigley and Baby P!

No comments: